Tuesday, February 7, 2006

tomorrow

Tomorrow is the third flight in three weeks, this time to UWashington-Bothell to give some workshops on new media, scholarship, student writing... This is with the wonderful Becky Rosenberg who was at CIWIC last summer.

I never even unpacked from the last trip. I've acquired clothing that doesn't wrinkle, that resist wrinkles, that will come out of the suitcase in 6 years looking unwrinkled. I will look wrinkled. I will look sleepy and crumpled and flight-worn. But my pants will do all the work for me. In return for letting them out of the suitcase, they've promised to take over the talking at the workshops. I wish they would take over the last bit of preparation, too. Oh, and if they could get the root canal surgery for me next week, too, and help pack up and move my parents out of their house in March -- that would be a good pair of pants.

I am most happy to report, however, that the website for Writing New Media now works in IE as well as in all the better browsers. It wasn't until I was forced to do email in a cramped office off a hotel lobby last week, on an old computer, that I saw how badly IE munged the website. Microsoft never fails.

No comments: