Friday, January 5, 2007

why, it's raining!

And so we talk about what to make for dinner and when to wake each other up from our naps. (Dennis, Brian, and Sam did chainsaw up a tree that had blocked a neighbor's road, while I read another Australian novel, this one about being dope addled in the seventies. The required efforts seem pretty equal -- and I would have helped with the tree, had there not already been too many hands and backs. Really. I like chainsaws and the smell of cut wood, especially in the rain. Especially when it's being described in someone else's writing.)

Meanwhile, we have learned that the ferry people do not talk to the shuttle-to-the-airport people, so, while the ferry arrives at the mainland at 3 pm tomorrow, the shuttle leaves at 2:55. The next shuttle is at 6. I hope there is another novel, one I can borrow, with long thick descriptions of what it's like to sift slowly through long hot Melbourne afternoons.

No comments: