Sunday, April 8, 2007

tomorrow...

Another trip start tomorrow morning, rushing up the hill early for the first flight and then slowing down at the Minneapolis airport to wait for the second flight and then a quick jump over the central states to Memphis and then a mad dash to the third flight to Tallahassee. There is still a lot of snow on the ground here, even with today's bright sun. At 6pm tomorrow, when I do get to Florida, it is going to be disorienting: there will be seventy some degrees floating around, and green. But it will be wonderful to see Kathi Y.

Tonight, though, I am slow in this late glow of sunlight and the sound of roof snow melting. Sunday evenings are always melancholy, and I have never been able to say why. Thinking of this as our last snow in Houghton adds to it -- and so it is a pleasure to have a paper ready to go for this trip so I can wallow in some chocolate and memory.

5 comments:

toshfraggle said...

last snow in houghton? *raises eyebrow*
*sigh* were this my last snow in detroit. heh.

annefranceswysocki said...

oh, that's right....
I bet you don't know that we're moving to Milwaukee?

toshfraggle said...

Re: oh, that's right....
Nope, the rumor mill down here is all "jeff is probably leaving" and who paris hilton just slept with (and in equal amounts of both too!)
Milwaukee's great. :) Every time we get within 100 miles of that city Bill and I both insist on visiting and checking out the Safe House.

annefranceswysocki said...

Re: oh, that's right....
Jeff and Paris -- now that's a fine combination, but I assume Jenny would mind.
But, yup, we're off to UW-Milwaukee, so we'll still be on a lake but we'll be in a city for the first time in just a few years. I'm excited.

othinn said...

Re: oh, that's right....
Congratulations! About two weeks ago I'd heard a rumor that you were on the market this year, but nothing firm.