Sunday, January 29, 2006

home again



Three take offs, three landings, but only one bag of pretzels. It's good to be back home -- it was a good trip, I think, although we haven't had time to crash and reassess and pick at ourselves.

And my mother's surgery on Thursday ended up okay even though the surgeon pierced her lung and no one figured it out for almost 24 hours and she had to stay in the hospital a few extra days. When I spoke with my mother on the phone today she did something I have never heard her do before: she was doing some wishful matchmaking for one of my brothers. She was a bit breathless while she wished: a result of desire or heart? Or is one now loosened up so that the other functions in a new way? This will be fun to watch; I hope I get to watch for a long long time.

No comments: