Friday, November 24, 2006

home

The cat has come back out from her hiding place under my desk back in the farthest corner of the house (which just happens to be up against a heating vent) to welcome us back to this sweet house and work. My article writing is crawling, a paragraph and sometimes a sentence at a time, this being the slowest thing I have written in memory and I do not know why -- but I am not yet begrudging it even though everything else is piling up behind it, all behinder than it should be, a heavy dam waiting to break over my head.

The opening paragraph of this new little article, though, has a rhythm that makes me smile each time I re-read it, which is just enough pulse to keep me from throwing it away.

I am hoping that the iPod's semi-random function will come up with something new to goose me. Or an online random word generator. Or Babelfish, taking it to Italian and back again: "People in the codes category that we teach must learn approximately the academic expectations, but discursively."


This bit of writing needs something external to me to make it go right now.

No comments: