Tuesday, December 20, 2005

looking toward our house

Kristin and I met at the Cyberia today (we miss the Motherlode) to talk about her upcoming MLA interviews. I had hoped to get my hair trimmed afterwards, so I crossed the street to the little salon on the corner, but they were booked up -- but Cynthia was there with Christian, who was getting the second official hair cut of his life and was being quite noble. I walked back down to the car, started it and all the heater and defrosting systems at full blast, and the sun came out and there was some blue sky for a few moments. I took this picture from the Library parking lot of the Quincy Smelter back across the Portage. Our house is to the left, masquerading as a pine tree. The clouds came back quickly. As I was on my way back home across the bridge, the SnoGo was cutting into the banks on the bridge, pouring the snow it was collecting into the dump truck that moved slowly alongside it, blocking both lanes. Two logging trucks were first in line behind the tandem snow removal equipment.

No comments: