Saturday, December 3, 2005

Poor Artists Sale Day




Marilyn and I went up to Calumet today for the Poor Artists' Sale and then went over to Vertin's Gallery.

The Poor Artists' Sale is as much quick social event as craft buy. I buy mittens, turn around, and there's Freddi. I buy some funky little cups with bicycles and a bathtub on them for Laurie and Walter, and Sherrie is grabbing a quick hug. Karen is behind the registration table. Over by the cookies, with Kim, Susannah describes her first years working as a lawyer (she was frugal). Andrea's sensual clothes get mixed up in my head with talking with Edith. Viki and Barb stock me up on candles, soaps, and Polish hot sauce. It's a sign of how weird the past year has been that there were a few too many people I hadn't seen since the last sale.

I think it's about time to head down to Ontonagon to go skiing with Sherrie and hear about her upcoming trip to Macchu Picchu and the Galapagos.

No comments: