Tuesday, August 9, 2005

thunder. fire?

No new news about the fire, but it is raining here now, which means it will be raining out that way shortly.

Channel 6 reported this morning that lightning might have caused the fire, and that the fire was 50% contained this morning -- and their report was posted before 9am.

So: we wait.

Meanwhile, I distracted myself until almost 4 this morning figuring out a bit more on getting these pages to look as I want. The calendars on the Archives pages do not line up as I would like, as with many of the elements on the Comments pages -- as you will see if you poke around.

But, well, for a girl who started with HyperCard and never had any kind of formal programming classes, I am tickled to get this far. Easily satisfied, I am.

Easily distracted, too, or easily aware of the things that distract me from thinking about what fire does and how the cat who was out at the lake house when we weren't allowed to go back out must be either hiding behind the upstairs door or down in her space under the stairs, feeling abandoned, lonely, and frightened.

No comments: