Monday, August 8, 2005

while there is lightning outside...

I have been working with LiveJournal. I broke down and paid for an account, so that I could modify my pages to get something I can live with. This has meant I have spent several hours modifying someone else's code, slowly losing control but also learning bits and pieces about the conventions and what does what. I have undoubtedly made some real messes, except that this page now looks more like something I want. I still want to add pictures, and play with color and spacing a bit more, but I am gaining on it.

Thanks to Taion for the basic design, and I apologise to him for any mess I have made. But the basic page layout -- "A Novel Conundrum" -- was quite lovely.

I appreciate better what LiveJournal can do, now, but it has been a bear to figure out how to get to and where to edit the code. We'll see if I can find it again tomorrow....

No comments: